Monday, March 12, 2007

Portrait of A Duck


Gumbo drew this righteous duck the other day. My mother tells me that duck was my first word. I like the lines of his duck; they seem to allow me look inside the boy's artistic mind, see myself as a young artist. He creates so much art I can scarce believe it. No reasonable way to save every piece, but some of it defies destruction, for now. I remember coming home from kindergarten on the last day with a big stack of art I'd made, and asking my mom how long she intended to retain it. She claimed forever, every piece of it. I told her that was not neccesary, and wondered at how she might manage so many pieces of paper. Of course, a simple file cabinet or two could have done the job, but even more of course, not a single piece survived.

1 comment:

Fourth Musketeer said...

thanks. glad you think so too. I love that duck. we should try some fingerpainting next time we meet up. if you haven't tried in awhile you'll be amazed at how fun it is. art together. art together good.