Saturday, May 20, 2006

Laugh Out Toes

Yes, May shapeshifts into quite the moonth, chock full of raw mid-spring energy, and today the extraordinary blessing of some solid rain. Got to ride one of my skateboards around Berkeley and Oakland before and after work, sliding on the slick pebbled surfaces, picking up speed for the lumpy concrete/asphalt transitions. I pretty much never ride anymore, due to associated pain, but suffered no falls and had a splendid time. Got an excellent smile from a passing rain moistened pedestrian as I roared by with that light in my eyes; also three frowns that were also appreciated. As I zimmed by the cops had to wonder if law enforcement still needed skateboard sensitivity training, after all the hating years. Proud to say I have been ticketed for both skateboarding (Berkeley) and hitchhiking (Sebastopol), which I view as essential art forms in a paved world.

New good feeling generation method discovered last Thursday morning: starting with your left big toe, laugh out it like playing "This Little Piggy Went To Market...", only you don't need to use that beat. Use a different laugh for each toe, saving real good ones for the little toes. A typical progression might go like ha ha ha ha ha, hee hee hee hee hee, hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo, yah-ha-ha-hee-hee huey, whoooooooooo-hooooooo! Sure you'll have fun developing your own, the laughs of course dependent on your toes and mood. You'll want to start the laugh in your low belly and then use your abs and chest to direct it down the leg, pick up speed coming out of knee curve, controlled slide past ankle corner, then ride a bee line snug down each tarsal and meta-tarsal to each particular toe. If you pay close attention and see like me, various colors and vibrations will shoot out the ends of each toe. Holy Devil Girl! My toes just thanked me for the attention being paid to them in this post, in unison. The leader wore a silk tophat, and they had a gifted piano player in the background. They also respectfully requested a medium duration barefoot walk along the surf, and a cermonial dunk in fast moving Sierra snowmelt water. Wow, toes are the shiznits, my buds.

No comments: